302 E. High St., Ashley, OH 43003
Monday through Thursday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Online library card registration
Search the Catalog
In what feels like no time at all, we have moved into March and the beginning of Spring on March 20th. We hope you can take some time this month to stop in the library and check out a few books/movies and maybe attend a program.
Every year, I complete a brief annual report for the Board of Trustees. I share this information with the Village of Ashley Council Members and the Trustees of Oxford Township. The report provides a few statistics and highlights for 2022. Copies are available at the library if you are interested. I did want to emphasize a few items
for all of you. Wornstaff saw an increase in visitors, items borrowed both physical and digital, and Wi-Fi connections. Our 164 programs (83 programs for adult, 81 programs for children) were very well-attended with 1487 participants. We had a busy year and looked forward to 2023.
In 2020, Wornstaff participated in the One Book, Many Communities event. Several libraries read the same book The Widows by Jess Montgomery and planned programs to coincide with it. However, library closures due to COVID prevented programs from taking place. This year, the library will be participating again. We will be reading The Hollows by Jess Montgomery which is the second book in her historical fiction series. The opening event will kick off on Monday, March 9th at 6:30pm with a Bluegrass performance at the St. Paris library. Details inside the newsletter. The One Book, Many Communities pamphlet is available listing all the programs being provided by the participating libraries. Stop by to pick one up.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a conversation.
Programs for Adults
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
1.Go to www.wornstafflibrary.com
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.