Search the Catalog
The library has new books arriving every month. Stop by to check out the options.
If you are uncomfortable entering the library, we are happy to pull your requests and meet at your car for curbside service.
We are hosting a Pumpkin Decorating Contest. See inside for all the details.
If you are interested in learning about online banking, we are partnering with First Commonwealth Bank to offer a class. Please call the library to be added to the list. Once we have a few names, we will arrange the date and time with our local bank.
We are temporarily not accepting large amounts of book donations. We need the additional shelf space in the basement to quarantine returned items. Better World Books (https://services.betterworldbooks.com/individuals/)
has bins throughout the Columbus area and will accept book donations.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Thank you, Amee
PROGRAMS WITH MISS MEGAN
Join Miss Megan on Facebook for a virtual storytime. Every Thursday morning at 10:00 am a new storytime will be posted. That week’s storytime will be available for viewing for one week.
Also, each week a new individual bagged activity will be placed in a tub outside by the front door of the library. This way, even though we can’t be together, storytimers will still have something fun to do!
1st - Fall Animals 15th - Ghosts 29th - Halloween
8th - Leaves 22nd - Dress Up
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
In order to keep us all safe and social distance, R.E.A.L will be meeting virtually.
We will be using Zoom for our meetings. Our meeting will be Tuesday, October 20th at 1:00pm. If you are interested in joining our group this year, please call Miss Megan so she can get you the Zoom and program information.
Pinterest Take and Make
A monthly project (limited to 11 kits) will be available in the tub outside. First come, first served for the kits. The library will provide supplies. For this project, you will need to supply mod podge and a hot glue gun.
October 20, 2020 at 7:00pm
This month, we will meet virtually on Tuesday, October 20th at 7:00 pm to discuss World War Z, an oral history of the Zombie War by Max Brooks. If you would like
to join in the discussion, please contact the library and provide your email so the ZOOM link can be sent to you.
Pumpkin Decorating Contest:
Pick up a Paper Mache pumpkin from the library. Pumpkins are available on a first come, first served basis. Only 15 pumpkins available.
Your pumpkin must represent either a book or book character.
You can glue your pumpkin with objects, material, and paper of any kind. You may also paint or draw on the entry.
One pumpkin per family. Work together as a team to decorate your pumpkin!
Pumpkins must be returned to the library by 8:00 pm on Monday, October 19th.
Decorated pumpkins will be on display in the library for voting from Tuesday, October 20, 2020 through Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
Patrons can vote once a day for their favorite decorated pumpkin.
The pumpkin with the most votes from patrons will receive a $10.00 Target gift card and the title of 2020 Best Decorated Pumpkin! The winner will be announced on our Facebook and website on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
After winner announcement, decorated pumpkins can be picked up from library until Friday, November 6, 2020.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.