Search the Catalog
Welcome to November and the Hallmark Christmas Channel movie season!
The library will be holding a gingerbread house contest. See inside for contest rules. Gingerbread house kits will be available on November 2, 2022 on a first come, first served basis. We will limit kits to one per family. Decorated gingerbread houses need to be returned to the library by December 1.
On Saturday, November 12 at 11am, we have a DINOvember program with dinosaur inspired activities. We will also pass out the COSI kits about dinosaurs which we received this summer. No registration is required. We hope you can attend.
Just a reminder, the library will close at 5pm on Wednesday, November 23rd and remain closed for Thanksgiving, November 24th so staff can enjoy the holiday with their families. We will re-open at 10am on Friday, November 25th.
The library will be open for Christmas in Ashley on Saturday, December 3rd from 5pm to 7pm. Stop by and take a photo with our holiday backdrop, pick up a goody bag, and take a moment to vote on the gingerbread houses.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a conversation.
Programs for Adults
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
1.Go to www.wornstafflibrary.com
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.