Search the Catalog
By the time you receive this, 2021 will have arrived.
Winter Reading Club begins January 4th and ends February 27th. Stop by the library to pick up a game board. All ages are welcome to participate. Color in a shape for each book read, dvd watched, or listened to audiobook. After three shapes, pick up a treat. After six, a prize. All 10 shapes colored and enter our raffle. The raffle will be drawn on Monday, March 1st.
Not certain what to read next, we have book bundles available for adults. Each genre bundle contains 4 to 5 books hopefully containing a new author to spark your interest.
A virtual game night of Yahtzee will take place on Friday, January 22 at 7pm. Contact the library with your email so a ZOOM link can be sent to you. If you don’t have game at home, the library has extra dice and a score sheet.
Looking for something to do inside during the cold weather. The library has created several Take and Makes crafts for January. The bins are placed outside every day we are open and contain projects for all ages. Crafts are first come, first served. We also have a variety of easy to difficult puzzles available in the fiction room. No need to check out, just pick up at your next visit.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Join Miss Megan on Facebook for virtual storytime. Every Thursday morning at 10:00 am a new storytime video will be posted. That week’s storytime will be available for viewing for one week.
Also, each week a new individual bagged activity will be put in a tub outside by the front door of the library. This way, even though we can’t be together, storytimers will still have something fun to do!
7th - Happy Un-Birthday 21st - Ice Skating
14th - Snowflakes 28th - Shapes
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
In order to keep us all safe and social distance, R.E.A.L will be meeting virtually. We will be using Zoom for our meetings. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, January 19th at 1:00pm. If you are interested in joining our group this year, please call Miss Megan so she can get you the Zoom and program information.
Albe’s Book - Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
Tuesday, January 19th at 7:00pm
Virtual conversation through ZOOM. Please contact the library and provide an email address for the ZOOM link if you would like to join the group discussion. If you have been participating in the group, no need to contact, we have your email address. Books are available at the library.
Take and Make - String Art Snowflake
16 kits will be available during the month of January on a first come, first served basis.
Take Home Interactive Movie - Finding Nemo
Stop by to grab a bag for the movie Finding Nemo. Each bag will contain script, props and (of course) popcorn for the movie.
Virtual Game Night - Yahtzee
Friday, January 22 at 7pm
Please contact the library with your email so a zoom link can be sent. We will play Yahtzee virtually. You will need to have access to computer with video. If you do not have a scorecard or dice, stop by the library to pick up.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.