Search the Catalog
The Wornstaff Memorial Public Library has an opening for a part-time custodian approximately 12 hours per week at $10.00 per hour. Schedule can be flexible.
Under direct supervision, the Custodian assists with the safety, maintenance and cleaning of library buildings and grounds.
See full job description on our website www.wornstafflibrary.com.
An application can be obtained from the library or downloaded from our website www.wornstafflibrary.com.
Position open until filled.
Completed applications can be returned to the library,
mailed to : Wornstaff Memorial Public Library
302 E High St.,
Ashley, Oh, 43003
or through email to email@example.com
The library will be closed on Thursday, October 14 so staff can attend a library conference in Columbus.
For the second year, we will have a “pumpkin” decorating contest. Please read below for the rules of the contest.
Just a reminder, the library has wi-fi hotspots for patrons to borrow. You must have a WMPL library card in good standing. The hotspot can be checked out for two weeks with no renewals.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Storytime - NOW OFFERING TWO STORYTIMES
Thursdays at 10:00 a.m and 11:30am
This fall, Storytime will start back in-person. Join Miss Megan for stories, crafts and fun!
Due to social distancing we have to limit our attendance. We have 15 spots available! Please call (740-747-2085) or stop in to pre-register so your spot is saved.
Oct. 7 - Hat Day Oct. 21 - Pasta
Oct. 14 - No Storytime - Library Closed Oct. 28 - Halloween
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group (Reading, Education and Learning)
Tuesday, October 19 at 1:00pm - In Person
Learn a different lesson each month with other homeschoolers in our community. Please contact Miss Megan for information.
Yoga with Katie
Tuesday evenings at 6:00 p.m.
Adults 18+ only. Registration: 740-747-2085. Limited to 8 people.
Come and join Katie, our very own 200 hour registered yoga teacher, in a one hour yoga flow! This class is for beginners and seasoned yogis alike. We will enjoy a sequence of poses to aid in flexibility, strength, balance and, most importantly, relaxation!
Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early to your first class in order to fill-out the necessary forms for participation. Yoga mats and props are not provided, please bring your own. For your safety, towels do not count as yoga mats.
Knit 1, Purl 2 with Katie
Monday evenings at 6:00 pm
All ages are welcome to bring your needles/yarn and join us for an hour of knitting and conversation. If you have always wanted to learn how to knit, Katie will be on hand to help you with basic stitches.
Card Workshop with Linda
Saturday, October 16 at 9:00 am
Supplies will be provided. Registration: 740-747-2085. Limited to 8 people.
Linda will offer an additional workshop at 11:30am if the 9:00am class fills.
Tuesday, October 19 at 7:00pm
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
Copies of book are available at the library. Join us for in person discussion of the book.
Thursday, October 21 at 6:30 pm
At My Table by Nigella Lawson
Copies are available at the library for the program.
"Warm, comforting, and inspiring, Nigella’s At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking offers a collection of recipes that are simple to prepare, giving you an opportunity to enhance your culinary skills and create a variety of delicious dishes―featuring a host of new ingredients to enrich classic flavors and tastes."--from Amazon.
Pinterest Craft with Amee
Saturday, November 6 at 10:00 a.m.
Tom Turkey Wreath
Supplies will be provided. Registration: 740-747-2085. Limited to 10 people.
Take Home Interactive Movie - Ghostbusters- Will be available October 11th
Stop by to grab a bag for the movie Ghostbusters. Each bag will contain script, props and (of course) popcorn for the movie.
Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Stop by the library to pick up a wooden cutout pumpkin.
Your pumpkin must represent either a book or book character.
You can glue your pumpkin with objects, material, and paper of any kind. You may also paint or draw on the entry.
Pumpkins must be returned to the library by 2:00 pm on Saturday, October 16th.
Decorated pumpkins will be on display in the library for voting from Monday, October 18, 2021 through
Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
There will be two categories: fan favorite and librarian’s choice. Patrons can vote once a day for their fan favorite pumpkin. The fan favorite category will be the decorated pumpkin with the most votes. The prize for each category is a Target gift card. The winner(s) will be announced on our Facebook and website on Wednesday,
October 27, 2021. After winner announcement, decorated pumpkins can be picked up from library until
Friday, November 5, 2021
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
1.Go to www.wornstafflibrary.com
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.