Search the Catalog
Just a few reminders.
We ask that you wear a mask when you enter the building. If you are unable to do so for health reasons, please use our curbside pick-up.
Because of our small building, we are limiting the number of patrons in the building to 10 which includes staff and patrons. We have had several younger patrons in the building over the last couple of weeks who want to gather and chat. We apologize, but at this time, the library cannot be a gathering place.
To return items, park in the rear parking area. Book return slot is located at the top of the stairs. Every item returned is placed in quarantine for 3 full days. You may receive a notice that your item is overdue. Our system generates notices automatically. If you know you returned the item on time, please disregard. After the item has quarantined, we will check in and remove from your card.
If you are browsing in the library and touch books or dvds, please do not re-shelve. Just place the items in the bins located around the building and so we can quarantine.
As December begins, we are reminded that 2020 will be winding down soon. The library will close at 5pm on Wednesday, December 23rd and remain closed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so staff can enjoy the holidays with their families.
In addition, we will close at 5pm on Thursday, December 31st for New Year’s Eve and remain closed on Friday, January 1, 2021 for New Year’s Day.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
PROGRAMS WITH MISS MEGAN
Join Miss Megan on Facebook for virtual storytime. Every Thursday morning at 10:00 am a new storytime video will be posted. That week’s storytime will be available for viewing for one week.
Also, each week a new individual bagged activity will be put in a tub outside by the front door of the library. This way, even though we can’t be together, storytimers will still have something fun to do!
3 - Gingerbread 17 - Merry Christmas
10 - Reindeer No Storytime on December 24 and 31
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
In order to keep us all safe and social distance, R.E.A.L will be meeting virtually. We will be using Zoom for our meetings. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, December 15th at 1:00pm. If you are interested in joining our group this year, please call Miss Megan so she can get you the Zoom and program information.
Elementary aged Take and Make Craft
Paper Strip Ornaments
Kits will be available during the month of December on a first come, first served basis. The library will provide all of the supplies.
Pinterest Take and Make
Mini Stocking Cap Yarn Ornaments
Kits will be available during the month of December on a first come, first served basis. The library will provide the yarn, cardboard, and instructions. You will need to provide scissors and a ruler.
Kits will be available during the month of December on a first come, first served basis. The library will provide paper, string, and instructions. You will need to provide scissors and glue.
Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak- Tuesday, December 15th at 7pm -virtual conversation through ZOOM. Please contact the library and provide an email address for the ZOOM link if you would like to join the group discussion. If you have been participating in the group, no need to contact, we have your email.
Take Home Interactive Movie - ELF
Stop by to grab a bag for the movie Elf. Each bag will contain script, props, and (of course) popcorn for the movie.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.