Search the Catalog
We want you to be aware of a change happening with the library.
Beginning July 2nd, the Wornstaff Memorial Public Library will have shorter hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
Our current hours for Monday through Thursday remain the same at 10:00am to 8:00pm.
However, Friday hours will change to 10:00am to 4:00pm and Saturday hours will change to 10:00am to 2:00pm.
June 1, 2021
What happens on June 2nd……
Over the course of the last year, the library has relied on the CDC, State of Ohio Health Department, and Delaware Public Health District to guide us through the pandemic. We have trusted their guidance and the resources provided to us.
On June 2nd, we will no longer require masks in the building. If you wish to continue to wear a mask, please do so. You may even see a staff member or two with a mask.
We will continue to offer curbside pick-up.
Consistent in-person programming will begin in the fall. We may try a few in-person programs over the summer. The Summer Reading Program will remain as planned.
The meeting room will be open for use.
We will no longer limit capacity in the building.
We will continue to clean laptops and public computer between patrons as well as other hard surfaces. Lots of germs arrive in the building, not just CoVid.
We will continue to offer hand sanitizer stations throughout building for patron and staff use.
The staff have remained healthy over the last year with your help by not visiting when you were ill. We ask that you please continue this practice. If you and/or child remained home from work or school due to illness, please visit the library when you are well.
Over the last year, we have been very grateful and thankful for your support of the library as we navigated through the Pandemic. While it has not ended, we do look forward to the building be more open and your visits to browse, use the computers, or attend programs.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Virtual Storytime RETURNS!!!!!
Join Miss Megan on Facebook for virtual storytime. Every Thursday morning at 10:00 am a new storytime video will be posted. That week’s storytime will be available for viewing for one week.
Also, each week a new individual bagged activity will be put in a tub outside by the front door of the library. This way, even though we can’t be together, storytimers will still have something fun to do!
June 10 - Animal Fables
June 17 - Jungle Animals
June 24 - Tall Tales
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
R.E.A.L. will not be meeting during the summer months. We will resume in September.
Click on the button below for a special summer program for ages 3-11 years old
with Delaware County Prosecutor Melissa Schiffel. Program begins June 7th through July 19th.
Albe’s Book - Three Things about Elsie by Joanna Cannon
Tuesday, June 15th at 7:00pm
Virtual conversation through ZOOM. Please contact the library and provide an email address for the ZOOM link if you would like to join the group discussion. If you have been participating in the group, no need to contact, we have your email address. Books are available at the library.
Take and Make Kits- weekly for Summer Reading Program
June 7 - magazine flower
June 14 - essential oil hand spray
June 21 - handmade cards
June 28 - fleece dog chew toy or fleece cat toy
Take Home Interactive Movie - 101 Dalmations
Stop by to grab a bag for the movie 101 Dalmations. Each bag will contain script, props and (of course) popcorn for the movie.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.