Search the Catalog
Dear Library Friends,
I hope everyone is well and ready for school in whatever form your family has chosen. Please remember, the library is open and available to help with resources and information as you navigate this school year.
The Presidential election will take place on November 3, 2020. If you need to register to vote, update your voting information, or wish to request an absentee ballot, we have the forms available at the library.
If you have not completed your 2020 census, there is still time. You can complete by mail, phone, or online. Per 2020 Census’ website, “The Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding flow into states and communities each year.”
Just a reminder, the library will be closed on Monday, September 7, 2020 in honor of Labor Day.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Thank you, Amee
PROGRAMS WITH MISS MEGAN
Starting September 3rd, join Miss Megan on Facebook for virtual storytime. Every Thursday morning at 10:00 am a new storytime will be posted. That week’s storytime will be available for viewing for one week.
Also, each week a new individual bagged activity will be placed in a tub outside by the front door of the library. This way, even though we can’t be together, storytimers will still have something fun to do!
3rd - Colors 17th - Apples
10th - Weather 24th - Fish/Fishing
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
In order to keep us all safe and social distance, R.E.A.L will be meeting virtually.
We will be using Zoom for our meetings. Our first meeting will be Tuesday, September 15th at 1:00pm. If you are interested in joining our group this year, please call Miss Megan so she can get you the Zoom and program information.
Pinterest Take and Make
A monthly project (limited to 20 kits) will be available in the tub outside. First come, first served for the kits. The library will provide supplies. For this project, you will need to supply scissors and a glue stick.
September- Fall leaf banner
September 15, 2020 at 7:00pm
Our September selection is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. This book was chosen in honor of American Library Association’s Banned Book Week September 27 through October 3, 2020. The Outsiders was #38 on ALA’s Top 100 Challenges between the years 1990-1999. It was challenged due to the depiction of gangs, gang violence,
alcohol use, smoking, and most characters are from broken homes
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.