Dear Library Friends,
Due to the recent health risk levels issued by the Ohio Department of Health, the library has created a plan to address our level of service to the public based on the risk level for Delaware County. We hope the following chart will help you understand when you can browse the collections and when we will be closed, but providing curbside service. Once Gov. DeWine has annouced the health risk advisory on Thursdays, we will change our schedule to begin the following Monday.
This is how curbside service works:
1. You can request items through our website. The front page of the website offers directions of how you can place holds. Or you are welcome to contact the library by phone (740.747.2085), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), sending a message through our Facebook page to ask library staff to find your items.
2. Once your items have arrived, you will be contacted by either phone, text message, or email.
3. When you visit the library to pick up your items, please park on the west side of the building in the designated curbside parking spots. Call the library. We will bring the items to your car. If you do not have a cell phone, call the library before your leave your home and tell us when you will arrive. We will watch for you and bring your items to your car.
The library is continuing to order new items.
At this time, we do not anticipate offering any in person programs. Beginning in September Megan will be providing virtual storytimes on Thursday mornings at 10:00am through our Facebook page and using ZOOM for the R.E.A.L Homeschool group.
This month, we will host Albe’s books through ZOOM. If you are interested in reading Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, please contact the library to request a copy. We will meet virtually on Tuesday, August 18th at 7:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact the library.
Thank you, Amee
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).