Search the Catalog
This month, we will be holding two in-person programs at the library.
The first is May the 4th be with you. This program is intended for our younger patrons. It will be as contactless as possible. They will be able to create their own Star Wars name, "build" a light saber, and complete a scavenger hunt. Complete the scavenger hunt to enter the prize raffle. There will also be a photo opportunity with a Star Wars backdrop, so costumes are welcome! The program will run from 1pm to 4pm on Tuesday, May 4th. Please register as there are limited times available. We will schedule each group 20 minutes apart in order to maintain social distance.
The second for adults. Linda will be providing a Pinterest Craft program on Saturday, May 15 at 10:00 am in the storytime room. Participants will be building a picnic caddy out of a wooden shelf and recycled cans. Please read the program description as you will need to provide your own tools. We will limit this program to 6 to maintain social distance and have a waitlist so Linda can offer the same program on a different day.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Storytime will be taking a break in May while Miss Megan prepares for the Summer Reading Program.
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
In order to keep us all safe and social distance, R.E.A.L will be meeting virtually. We will be using Zoom for our meetings. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, May 11 at 1:00pm. If you are interested in joining our group this year, please call Miss Megan so she can get you the Zoom and program information.
Mark your calendars! Virtual Summer Reading begins June 7th.
GRADE SCHOOL- MIDDLE SCHOOL AGE KIDS
Twice a month (first week and third week) a new individual bagged activity will be placed in a tub outside by the front door of the library. These are first come, first served activities.
Albe’s Book - True Grit by Charles Portis
Tuesday, May 18 at 7:00pm
Virtual conversation through ZOOM. Please contact the library and provide an email address for the ZOOM link if you would like to join the group discussion. If you have been participating in the group, no need to contact, we have your email address. Books are available at the library.
Take and Make - Barn Wood Photo Display.
There are 20 kits available. The kits are first come, first served. You will need to provide a hammer.
IN PERSON-Pinterest Craft Program- DIY-it picnic caddy
Join Linda for an in-person program. There will be a limit of 6 people to ensure 6 feet of distance. All participants will be required to wear a mask. We ask that you bring your own medium Phillips screwdriver and craft brush for painting/varnishing. Items will be available if you do not have. All other supplies are provided.
Take Home Interactive Movie - Hotel Transylvania
Stop by to grab a bag for the movie Hotel Transylvania. Each bag will contain script, props and (of course) popcorn for the movie.
*** Update March 3, 2021
Wornstaff Library is partnering with the Ohio Department of Health to distribute FREE CoVid at-home Test kits. Results can be given within 15 minutes. Prior to picking up a test from the library, you will need to download the NAVICA app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play App Store on your smartphone/tablet. Follow the instructions to set up an account.
We ask that you pick up the tests through curbside. Please park in the designated spots. Call the library to tell us you are here for a kit. We will bring the kit to your car.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.