Search the Catalog
*** Update March 3, 2021
Wornstaff Library is partnering with the Ohio Department of Health to distribute FREE CoVid at-home Test kits. Results can be given within 15 minutes. Prior to picking up a test from the library, you will need to download the NAVICA app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play App Store on your smartphone/tablet. Follow the instructions to set up an account.
We ask that you pick up the tests through curbside. Please park in the designated spots. Call the library to tell us you are here for a kit. We will bring the kit to your car.
April 1, 2021
April 4th through April 9th is National Library Week and in Ohio, we want to celebrate Ohio Libraries. I want to thank Megan, Mary, Karen, Kasey, Katie, Heather, Jay, Linda, and Bob for all the effort they give to provide a wonderful space for the community. I am grateful every day that I have the opportunity to work with all of you.
The Friends of Ashley Business group has formed and met twice virtually. If you are a business or agency in the Village or surrounding area and would like to join us, the next meeting will be by ZOOM on Monday, April 19th at 8:00am. Please contact the library to provide your email address so a link can be sent to you.
As you begin planning your upcoming vacations, please remember the library offers Wi-Fi hotspots. To borrow, patrons must be at least 18 years of age with a library account in good standing with no lost or billed item charges. Hotspots are available to Wornstaff Library card holders only and can be borrowed for 2 weeks with no renewals. On Tuesday, May 4th, we will celebrate Star Wars with a “May the Fourth be with you” contactless activities including a photo op. Costumes encouraged.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am available for a chat.
Join Miss Megan on Facebook for virtual storytime. Every Thursday morning at 10:00 am a new storytime video will be posted. That week’s storytime will be available for viewing for one week.
Also, each week a new individual bagged activity will be put in a tub outside by the front door of the library. This way, even though we can’t be together, storytimers will still have something fun to do!
1st - Easter Bunny 15th - Kites 29th - The Garden
8th - The Zoo 22nd - Spring
R.E.A.L Homeschool Group
In order to keep us all safe and social distance, R.E.A.L will be meeting virtually. We will be using Zoom for our meetings. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 20th at 1:00pm. If you are interested in joining our group this year, please call Miss Megan so she can get you the Zoom and program information.
GRADE SCHOOL- MIDDLE SCHOOL AGE KIDS
Twice a month (first week and third week) a new individual bagged activity will be placed in a tub outside by the front door of the library. These are first come, first served activities.
Albe’s Book - Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Tuesday, April 20th at 7:00pm
Virtual conversation through ZOOM. Please contact the library and provide an email address for the ZOOM link if you would like to join the group discussion. If you have been participating in the group, no need to contact, we have your email address. Books are available at the library.
Take and Make - Tulip button craft
There are 20 kits available. The kits are first come, first served. You will need to provide hot glue gun, pencil, and scissors.
Take Home Interactive Movie - Alladin
Stop by to grab a bag for the movie Alladin. Each bag will contain script, props and (of course) popcorn for the movie.
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.