Search the Catalog
Our Summer Reading Club for all ages begins this month. The program will start on Monday, June 6th and run through July 18th. Stop by the library to pick up your reading logs on June 6th or after. More information can be found our Summer Reading Club website page (https://www.wornstafflibrary.com/summer-reading-program)
We are offering two family programs this summer for SRC. Dates and times are listed on our Family program page. Click on the link below to access the page.
Every month the library offers a book discussion group for adults called Albe’s Books. The group reads the same book and then meets to discuss. We read a variety of authors and genres with some members listening rather than reading. If you would like to meet other community members, please consider joining us. June’s book will be The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd (book description inside brochure). It’s ok if you don’t like the book we read. It makes a very interesting discussion. I hope you will consider joining us.
Also, the bookery boxes by Karen are back!!! Get one while supplies last!
The Friends of Ashley will be hosting Outdoor Markets on the fourth Saturday in June through October from 9am to 12pm in White Lily’s parking lot. There will be a food truck, home décor, handmade jewelry, and agencies in attendance.
Mark your calendars…..The first Movies on Main will take place on Friday, June 10th at dusk to view Frozen. The movie will be shown on the building (Whipple’s) which sits on the corner of High and Main St. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets.
Programs for Adults
Accessing the Wornstaff Catalog
1. Download COOL Libraries App from the App store on your Android or Apple device.
2. The user name is your library card number. The password is the last four digits of your phone number.
You are able to search the catalog, view the items checked out on your account, renew items, and manage your hold requests from your device.
Digital content is Available for free through your library card!
Locate the Libby App through the App store on your Apple or Android device. Follow the prompts to create an account. You will need your library card number and pin (the last four digits of your phone number).
TO REQUEST ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE CATALOG
1.Go to www.wornstafflibrary.com
2. Scroll down until you see “Search the Catalog” with a search bar next to it. This feature is located near the top of the page, above the letter from our Director.
3. Enter into the search bar what you want to look for. This can be the author, the book title, or a general keyword about a subject. Then press the “search” button located to the right of the search bar.
4. Scroll through the options that come up on the page and choose which one you want. If the Wornstaff Library doesn’t have the item you are looking for, you can click the down arrow next to the box that says “library” and choose the “Consortium of Ohio Libraries” from the menu that pops up and check all the other libraries we can pull books from.
5. You may then click the “place hold” option that is located to the right of your book. If you are placing more than one hold, you may choose the “add to basket” option so you can place everything on hold at once at the end of your search.
6. Once you click “place hold,” it will take you to the page to enter your library card number and your PIN number (the last four digits of the phone number you used when you signed up for your library card).
7. Once you enter your information, click the “log in” button. It will then take you to a page to submit your hold. The “submit” button is located near the bottom of the page on the left side.
8. If you added more than one item to your basket, when you are finished adding items, go to the top right of the page where it says “basket actions” and click on it. Choose “place holds” from the drop down menu, then click go and follow steps 6 and 7 above.